Reporting to: Head of Marketing
Everyone deserves a job they love. At Makers, we retrain people as software developers and kickstart their careers by placing them in tech teams across the UK. You deserve a job you love, and we’ve got one for you – leading our B2B marketing plan in a role that’s pivotal to enabling our explosive growth over the coming years.
Your role is to target enterprise companies, through planning and executing a B2B marketing strategy to capture the attention of the UK’s largest tech employers. You’ll be building our B2B brand as the leading solution to quality tech talent, positioning us as the #1 Apprenticeship delivery provider in the tech industry and helping us make the tech industry more diverse.
You’ll know if this role is for you if:
- You’re an expert at leveraging key influencers to expand our reach
- You can use a marketing budget creatively to maximise return
- You can develop a thought-leading content strategy to support our enterprise sales team and convert leads at every stage of the marketing funnel
- You can craft a compelling story
- You’re a fan of inbound marketing and know how to utilise it for growth
- You have experience working with external agencies to produce high quality design, PR and video.
- Events and partnerships are likely to form a big part of the work initially, but as you carve out your role you’ll have the freedom to design and execute a strategy to deliver results in your own way. You’ll work closely with the Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, Events and Partnerships Manager and a dedicated PR resource to attract and convert the right prospects. Over time, you’ll hire people to support you and become the leader of the B2B marketing function.
Success within 6 months looks like:
- Consistently generating 10 sales qualified enterprise leads per month
- A deep understanding of the pipeline and the opportunities to convert at different stages of the marketing funnel
- 2-3 high converting content pieces
- 5-6 key influencers telling our story
- Working in a company that’s built on trust over fear with a core mission to transform lives;
- Growing as a person, by learning transparency, vulnerability, the growth mindset, emotional intelligence, perhaps some hard truths about yourself, and how to give and receive feedback honestly and productively;
- Able to join yoga and meditation sessions run for the students;
- Join a scaling company that’s evolving all the time;
- We have a minimum holiday policy, rather than a maximum – we encourage our team to take at least 28 days a year;
- Private Medical Insurance (after you’ve been with us at least 3 months);
- A Perkbox account, including significant discounts on products, experiences and things like gym membership;
- Being surrounded by a diverse group of bright, motivated people, who all really care about doing the very best they can for our students, for our hiring partners and for each others.
- Location: Our campus in Spitalfields, London.
- Salary: We’ll offer in the region of £40,000 – £45,000 depending on previous (relevant) experience. After a year in the role, you’ll be encouraged to set your own salary at least once a year (how do I set my own salary?).
- Application with questionnaire (and ideally, CV/LinkedIn)
- Phone Interview
- Face-to-face interview with COO & Head of Marketing
- Face-to-face interview with Marketing & Admissions
- Face-to-face interview with our Head of People and our CEO
We’re building a working environment (and recruitment process) where everyone feels welcome and included – we think we’re doing a good job of that so far, but we know can do a lot better, and we’re committed to learning what more we can do to improve. If reading this job description has given you any doubt about whether you’d feel welcome or included at Makers, first, we’re really sorry; and second, we’d really like to hear from you about it, so we don’t do it again.
At Makers, we are inspired by the idea of discovering and unlocking tech skills potential in people for the benefit of business and society. We combine tech education with employment possibilities that transform lives.
Founded in 2013, we’ve helped more than 1,500 people begin a new career in software and have been building long-term relationships with tech employers big and small.
We’re pretty good at what we do, according to our clients (both developersand employers), industry bodies, the press and the government. We can only get better by working with you.