The truth without the hype
LuxuryBARED is a Chester-based, hotel inspiration, advice and booking startup. Founded in 2015, we’re preparing for LuxuryBARED 2.0, a complete overhaul of our technology, methodology and product. Working alongside our Founder and Executive Director of Technology, we want to offer you a blank canvas. Here’s an opportunity to establish our UX capability, design beautiful solutions and bring them to life with the engineering team. Your passion for beautiful design and delightful user experience across mobile and desktop means you’ll quickly see your work drive sales and increase customer loyalty.
If you join us, you will;
Stand in the flip flops of our customers
- Be the LuxuryBARED passport to customer delight. Online hotel booking is a fickle market, you’ll help us discover new ways to win customer loyalty
- Get to know our customers’ motivations and habits through customer journey mapping using tools such as wireframes and personas
- Imagine new designs and experiences; build the end to end workflows, interactions and visuals for new features
- Work closely with developers, iterate on designs based on customer data and feedback
- Push the boundaries of UX/UI to deliver a simple, elegant user experience that makes us stand out from our competitors
Help us change
- Educate us about design and customer-centricity and improve our internal focus on the customer
- Define and refine our design language
- Set the strategy and deliver the data that changes our decision-making processes
- Get us to a new level of cross-platform awareness throughout the customer journey
- Introduce UX best practices through research-related services, theories and methods
- Help us disrupt the luxury hotel booking world
- The desire to level-up your career and spread your wings within a well-funded startup environment. You may currently be in an agency, start-up or enterprise. Wherever you are, you are ready to experiment, define some processes and have a big impact on a business.
- A portfolio of interaction and visual design on responsive web and native mobile apps, some of it in the B2C world. You’ll be excited about introducing us to mobile first design and the experiences this opens up for our customers.
- A passion for research, conducting user interviews, mapping user journeys, and user testing sessions that drive design strategy. We haven’t historically done much of this, so you’ll be excited (and perhaps a little nervous) about getting us started, even if you’ve never had free reign to establish processes before.
- The collaboration gene, especially with developers, and an interest in agile, iterative ways of working.
- Luxury aesthetic sensibilities. You’re comfortable down to the pixel and love creating elegant, beautiful designs.
- A light-hearted approach to life.
Sound like you? We’re excited about meeting people and building our team. We welcome applications from all, even if you’ve never experienced the delights of a room service club sandwich.