Website Intractable Ltd
Building mobile products to change the world through technology!
At Intractable, we are passionate about empowering people through technology. We are building a mobile AR game that teaches users how to use their smartphone and get the most out of it.
We believe in the power of mobile technology to radically change the world for the better. As an early-stage startup, we thrive on innovation, place a high value on collaboration, and work in a fast-paced and result-oriented environment.
About your role as a game engineer:
- Develop the location-based mobile gameplay with Google Maps cloud backend.
- Implement augmented reality game levels for mobile platforms.
- Implement multiplayer features in game levels.
- Collaborate closely with game designer to build the game.
- Drive the overall development of game component of the product.
- Investigate new problem-solving approaches, develop experimental software prototypes, and integrate prototypes into production line.
- Write high quality production code that scales to large user base.
- Design and write functional tests to maintain high standard of software quality.
- Launch new game elements and features into production on a regular basis.
- Design and implement metrics to assess gameplay quality, user engagement, and product effectiveness.
- Work on bug fixes and enhancements.
- Enhance the code quality with continuous refactoring of codebase and refining the architecture.
- Integrate the game component within the broader product architecture.
- Champion the game component in product roadmap.
About your role as a team member:
- Work in Agile environment with iterative development process.
- Participate in full development lifecycle – research, design, architect, develop, test, release.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team of engineers, designers, learning specialists, artists to build the product.
- Contribute to the development of product roadmap, with focus on shipping innovative features for a global user base.
Bachelors or Masters degree in Game Development, Computer Science, or other related area.
Programming skills in languages like Java, C#, Objective-C, C++, Swift, Kotlin.
Knowledge of relevant frameworks like Google Maps SDK for Unity, ARCore platform, ARKit.
Familiarity with Android or iOS mobile platforms.
Familiarity with game engines like Unity and Unreal.
Project experience (academic or professional) in game development.
What will help you succeed in this role:
- You have solid understanding of CS fundamentals, data structures and algorithms, concurrency, networking, design patterns.
- You enjoy brain storming, innovative problem solving, and developing novel techniques.
- You are comfortable with making design tradeoffs, experimenting with multiple approaches, and hacking out expedient solutions.
- You are keen on exploring uncharted territory and tackling unprecedented problems through innovative thinking.
- You seek out collaborative solutions that draw on collective insight, and can identify design possibilities from multiple perspectives.
- You have a strong desire to contribute to building high-impact products with a global user base.
Employee stock options, training grants, conference participation, and more.
As a key contributor joining in the early phases of the company, you will have unique opportunities to shape the evolution of the company’s products as well as its culture, and drive forward our mission to change the world through technology!
How to apply:
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe deeply in creating a strong company culture with equal opportunity for everyone regardless of their personal characteristics like race, disability, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace in which everyone is valued for being who they are.