Inspiral is an edtech startup, hatched at the Development Education Research Centre at UCL’s Institute of Education, with a mission to develop global citizenship and 21st century skills among young people. We host programmes that connect 11-14 year old students from around to world to learn together about global topics through an innovative, inquiry-based “social learning experience” curated by us and our academic partners.
We are looking for a highly motivated, organised, smart and detail-oriented person to support the CEO manage projects, primarily the deployment and support of our educational programmes.
Are you get-things-done kinda supporter who wants to have the chance to impact and contribute to the future of “social learning”? And help lead the growth of an edtech startup?
The candidate will lead the deployment of our programs, which will include onboarding teachers and students onto our technology platform, support teachers to create local aspects of the student experience, help to moderate discussions and solve any user queries, process data to create charts and graphs, and develop processes and procedures.
The candidate needs to have a strong skills to be able to stay organized, manage various tasks, effectively communicate with our team & users, and be flexible and solution-oriented.
Finally, the candidate needs to be outcome focused and detail oriented, but also creatively nimble to ensure that we produce compelling (fun, intelligent, accessible, engaging) experiences for our international students based on real-time learnings.
- Manage the deployment of Inspiral’s social learning programs, including
- Project manage the entire process, internally and externally
- Manage the Onboarding of new users
- Configuration of our technology platform
- Conduct daily and weekly processes that are required to support the experience
- Synthesize weekly outcomes and survey data to generate reports
- Manage weekly support emails and support calls/emails
- Provide technical assistance and support to teachers when necessary to ensure effective deployment, problem solving and continuous improvement
- Understand and integrate learnings from our pilots to improve our pedagogy, program architecture and deployment
- Design and development processes and procedures
Support the CEO manage other internal projects including video production, educational research, operational/administrative tasks
- Help us define and develop our culture; and grow the team
- Character: Fun, dynamic, people-oriented, can-do, supporter. Action oriented, customer-friendly, operations problem-solver. Highly attentive to details and be able to manage time accordingly
- Co-operation: ability to build relationships with team members to share resources and knowledge, and collaborate with others to achieve goals
- Communication: ability to convey information clearly, accurately and concisely both in person, written correspondence and over the phone. Have excellent writing and editing skills
- Flexibility: ability to adjust to work processes or procedures, adapt to others and work effectively and in a positive manner when under pressure, when priorities change or in ambiguous situations
- Organising: ability to manage your time, handle multiple projects, establish priorities, meet deadlines, deal with distractions and interruptions. You love project management
- Problem Solving: ability to critically analyse situations and data, possess creative and intuitive problem-solving ability
- Digital Literacy: Google Docs (docs, sheets, forms), data manipulation/charting in spreadsheets, workflow apps (Asana), content creation tools (like Canva), experience with Saas style technology platforms (configuration and management)
- 5+ years of experience
- Project management & delivery; and/or
- Customer experience/service oriented role; and/or
- Delivery of digital experiences to primary or secondary school students; and/or
- Operations management of startup or NGO
- Experience working with (SaaS-style) technology platforms that require configuration, updates and monitoring
- Well developed planning, project management and organizing skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with others in a virtual team-based environment
- Ability to demonstrate a pro-active common sense approach to solving problems
Preferred qualifications, but definitely not required:
- Experience in deploying educational experiences for students aged 11-14 years old
- Understanding of social learning, collaborative learning / problem solving
- Familiarity with the International Baccalaureate (IB) programme
This is a full time position. Compensation based on skills and experiences, between £30,000 – £35,000