Modelling and analytics for weird and wonderful data
hyperexponential (hx) was founded in 2017 with clear mission to help people build mathematical models with small, sparse and fragmented datasets that are regularly used to drive critical decisions in many businesses. Our background, relationships and initial focus is on specialised insurance sector.
We believe that the next-generation platform these models will be built on the modern web, and created by a combination of software engineers, interface designers, data scientists and community-makers.
What it’s really like to work here
We do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. There’s no micro-management. You are your own boss. You’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented and super-smart colleagues.
We hire engineers that empathise with our customers problems, develop solutions and measure results. We’re proud of our engineering team – it’s built an incredible product that’s changing the world.
What you will be working on
We are looking for a flexible, personable and enthusiastic full-stack engineer to help us design, build and maintain the support framework around our product, reNew. In this role, you’ll have two primary tasks:
• Understanding our product deeply, so you can assist with documentation, product support, and even drop into the product team to help out with bug fixes from time-to-time
• Building a self-service portal for our clients
There will also be the opportunity to work on customer service-related functionality within the reNew platform as well.
This is a unique opportunity for someone to combine a traditionally people-oriented, business-facing role with intense, “proper” engineering work.
The position is based on-site in South East London; most of our clients are in the City and you’ll be there reasonably regularly, but you can expect to spend most of your time in or around our office (we are currently in the Peckham Levels, a mixed-use creative, commercial and entertainment space that’s often touted as one of the coolest buildings in South London; we love it, and don’t expect to move far).
This is a client-facing position, so you will need excellent written and spoken English, as well as the ability to empathise with people less technical than yourself.
• 2-3 years’ experience of supporting web application systems
• Docker, AWS experience
• Experience in preparing technical documentation
• Thorough and logical approach to problems with attention to detail
• Good understanding of Infrastructure technical architecture
• A strong foundation in fundamental computer science/software engineering principles
• Scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, bash)
• Experience working within a product-based SaaS company
• Experience working in a virtualised environment
What can we give to you
• A highly competitive package, including seed-stage EMI share options
• Top-tier, customisable tech (choice of Apple or Dell setup, with flexibility over OS, screen(s), and input devices) and office gadgets
• An amazing, flat-structured work environment, with unusual levels of flexibility and transparency
• Best-in-class training and development support – we are all compulsive learners, and this is actively encouraged
• A huge breadth and depth of career opportunity – if you show the attitude and ability, we want and will support you to help us lead from the front as we grow
• Well-stocked team fridge, and regular team meals (usually at least once-a-week)