Are you are interested in learning about how energy markets are leading the trend for decarbonisation, while working for a new technology start-up and developing the skills of data science?
General Index (GX) is a young business founded by a very experienced team. We are a Price Reporting Agency (PRA) – reporting on the world’s commodity markets and creating price indexes (benchmarks) that traders can use to trade commodities and manage their risk.
GX is rapidly growing our coverage of traded markets. The data analyst will help to deliver and maintain assessment algorithms, working with the Data Director and other senior GX personnel.
GX is seeking a full-time data analyst to join the data and technology group, reporting to the Data Director. The analyst will –
- Learn the basics of commodity trading and the price assessment process
- Work with the technical and pricing teams to develop the assessment algorithms that underpin new and existing price benchmarks
- Build new tools and processes to support the business as it grows
- Provide operational support for daily assessment processes
Skills & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a leading university
- High level of numerical ability
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience programming in Python
- Highly proficient working with Excel, including VBA preferred
- Teamworking skills
- An interest in oil/energy markets
Central London-based with opportunities to work from home
General Index (GX) is disrupting commodity market data provision with a new approach to energy price benchmarks. By combining leading technology with in-depth industry knowledge, we are able to deliver the highest quality energy data on attractive commercial terms.
A young business founded by a very experienced team, we are a Price Reporting Agency (PRA) – covering the world’s commodity markets and creating price indexes (benchmarks) that traders can use to trade commodities and manage their risk.
GX is scaling to become a fully global business across the main commodity trading hubs. Current locations in addition to London include Singapore, Houston and Hamburg.
Working for GX
Not only are we changing the sector we operate in, but we are also changing the experience for the people that work for us. GX is built on technology, and logical, consistent systems apply methodologies to calculate prices. With a relentless focus on high-quality commodity pricing, our rigorous assessment methodologies are algorithm led with a high degree of automation.
We are looking for enthusiastic and analytical recent graduates to join our team; to learn and contribute to our business as it grows – and take on early responsibility as part of a team where everyone rolls up their sleeves to get the job done.