GatherContent is a Content Operations Platform that helps teams produce high quality content, at scale.
Customers use our platform to manage the people, and process, for producing effective content that meets user needs.
We work with leading digital agencies, higher education institutions, governments, non-profits and membership organisations. Some of our customers include Digitas LBI, Harvard University, The Australian Government and Doctors without Borders.
We launched in 2012 and now help thousands of customers, all over the world. Our team is fully remote, working from all over the UK.
We’re looking for a UK-based Account Manager who wants to be part of a remote-working, fast growing startup.
You’ll be one of the first members of our brand new sales team. You will be responsible for managing the entire sales cycle, from prospecting through negotiations to close and transitioning customers to our customer success team. We’re looking for someone who can understand customer needs, build trust and create lasting relationships.
Start date: as soon as possible
Pay: Base salary of £30k – £35k and up to 100% OTE
Working remotely anywhere in the UK after your 3 month probation period (we offer budget for co-working spaces or to set-up your home office)
Please be aware that although the position is remote, we will need you to travel to London during the interview process, potentially work from London during your probation period and attend team days (usually in London) every four months.
What we need
- Your undivided passion, energy, focus and enthusiasm for both the role and our business
- A self-starter attitude with experience managing and prioritising your own workload
- An ability to get things done quickly (whilst maintaining quality); working to a pace
- A team-player who works well with others as well as individually
- Strong opinions, loosely held – you have no fear when it comes to contributing ideas and participating in discussions with the team. You’re also happy to take critique, self-improve and move forward fast
- Innovation – you need to be open and willing to adopt new ways of working. Our processes are constantly evolving and we always look to take a lean approach
- Customer focus – You should always be thinking, “What can I be doing to deliver the most value to our customers?” A strong desire to provide them with the best possible support
- Integrity – you do the right thing and know how to set expectations
- Direct feedback – you’re comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Continuous improvement – you’re always looking for ways to better yourself and company processes
- Wellness – you live a balanced routine and avoid heroism and burnout
What the role will entail and the skills we’re looking for
- Prospecting (cold outreach) to generate sales qualified leads. As a part of this conduct research into key markets we target.
- Generate sales opportunities from marketing qualified leads
- Leading the communications with all marketing website leads
- Generating more opportunities from these different types of leads
- Understanding our prospects goals, role and business needs. Expertly qualifying opportunities and only pursuing those that are a good fit for our business
- Converting more opportunities to calls, demos and product trials
- Assisting all trial customers and buyers with commercial discussions and converting a higher proportion of them to paying customers
- By managing the stages and process above, generating significant new revenue for the business. Subsequently achieving sales goals on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- An ethical, value adding approach to sales – not just rushing to close a deal
- Targets for retention of customers you’ve closed – making sure you’re bringing onboard successful customers
- Being responsible for building & maintaining relationships whilst closing sales
- Hold meetings (phone or web demos) with qualified leads
- Effectively communicate features and benefits of our solution and manage prospect expectations – so not only knowing our product inside out, but also presenting it with confidence
- Become an expert on the GatherContent platform and how it can add value to any business.
- Working on new outbound and inbound sales experiments
- Helping to feedback information to the marketing team & work with them to create more compelling marketing collateral
- Help building nurture sequences for opportunities that are not ready to buy
- Maintain an accurate pipeline of all opportunities, contacts and account history and provide appropriate communication of such to Commercial Director
- Feeding in to the sales reporting
- An experienced solutions seller with at least a years experience of managing the entire sales cycle from negotiation and objection handling to close of sales, ideally within a SaaS company
- Proven ability to manage complex and consultative sales cycles
- You thrive in a high volume sales environment: prospecting, building pipelines and closing sales
- You are quick to learn and organized with a strong, confident and consultative sales approach
- You have a positive attitude and strong work ethics
- Experience of working with with Salesforce and Intercom. You are resourceful and diligent in maintaining CRM sales data
- Superior communications skills, including verbal, writing, and presentation.
- Strong technical aptitude, ability to learn software programs and help customers with these – that could be our own software, services we integrate with or the ecosystem of software we use for our business
- A knowledge and passion for content would be great
- Working knowledge of popular content management systems, such as WordPress and Drupal
- Ideally worked on a website project
- Remote working experience
- Worked in a startup environment
- Experience with or working knowledge of GatherContent would be a bonus
- Experience with billing platforms like Stripe and Recurly would be a bonus
What we can offer you
- Remote working: work from anywhere within the UK (so long as there’s WIFI!)
- Family friendly: family always comes first, supported by our flexible outlook
- Work/life balance: we work a 35 hour week and encourage downtime and a healthy lifestyle. It’s about quality over quantity (one of our values is wellness!)
- 32 days annual leave
- The chance to make a real impact on our business: We’re a small team of 19 people, so there’s a huge opportunity for everyone to contribute, collaborate and make their mark.
- Fun times: We get together at the London office every four months for a team day. Past activities have varied from anything like volunteering on a city farm to doing a 3D printing workshop or just making lots of chocolate truffles 🙂
- Competitive salary, stock options, pension and other benefits such as remote working budget
You need to include the word ‘parsnip’ in your cover letter to show that you’ve read the job role (this helps us weed out time wasters!)
Closing date: 31 November, 2018
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://gathercontent.workable.com/jobs/855929/candidates/new →