We are an independent games developer and publisher. We developed Starbound and are currently working on two more games: Wargroove and an untitled RPG. We have also published: Stardew Valley, Risk of Rain, Wanderlust and many more. We are passionate about what we do, and are looking for someone who shares this passion.
We have a number of games launching in 2018 and are looking for a new Marketing Director to manage and develop our small publishing and marketing team with a hands-on approach. The biggest contribution the Marketing Director can make is to enable these launches to have the maximum buzz with customers, and within the Games industry.
In addition to management, fulfilling marketing and publishing day to day activities are also required. This role requires someone who is self-directed, able to manage and prioritize a large number of tasks, and take responsibility for developing and directing all publishing and marketing work within the studio.
- Take ownership, develop and deliver our marketing strategy to give us direction
- Management and development of our publishing responsibilities
- Create and run our marketing & publishing ideas and events to maximise impact
- You will be in charge of our public communication – including press, social media, and community management
- You will be a front facing person and you’ll be the key communicator with our audience
- Continue and develop new and existing relationships with publishing and marketing partners
- Develop and maintain an active relationship with the press
- Write posts, press releases
- Help plan, coordinate and assemble marketing assets (including images, key art, and videos) and look for ways of maximising their impact
- Hire, mentor and manage our marketing and publishing team, and work collaboratively with the wider Chucklefish team
- Periodic international travel for event support
- Knowledge and experience with video games, in particular indie games
- Hands on experience delivering marketing and or publishing campaigns
- Excellent communication skills and able to build collaborative relationships ( internally and externally)
- A people’s person to coach, develop, and manage a small team
- Able to self-manage and prioritize when presented with a large list of tasks.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, and excels in a relaxed and open environment