We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Front-End Developer based in London to join the team working on our exciting
machine learning product. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and an inclusive culture. We are a high-
calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
We are on a mission to develop a machine that predicts the global economy in real-time. Our technology helps organisations plan
and optimise business outcomes, thus improving efficiency and protecting the environment.
causaLens in the News
- ‘Meet causaLens, a Predictive AI For Hedge Funds, Banks, Tech Companies’ – Yahoo Finance
- ‘The U.K.’s Most Exciting AI Startups Race To Scale’ – Forbes
- ‘Auto ML Platform Draws Interest from Discretionary Funds’ – machineByte
- ‘AllianzGI Taps Virtual Data Scientists amid War for Talent’ – Financial Times
- ‘Machine Learning Companies to watch in Europe’ – Forbes
- ‘Best Investment in Deeptech’ award – UK Business Angels Association awards
- ‘100 Most Disruptive UK Companies’ – Hotwire
- ‘causaLens Appoints Hedge Fund Veteran and Data Leaders to Advisory Board’ – Newswire
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for exceptional and ambitious individuals to develop an automated machine learning platform for time series. You will work as a Front End Engineer in a team of software engineers and scientists. The application stack is composed of Python, Numpy, Scipy, Sklearn, XGBoost, Keras, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Ansible, AWS, GCP, and other technologies.
A degree in Computer Science or an applicable subject area would be preferable. You should have a proven experience programming for front-end development. You should be comfortable and experienced working on software with a team, communicating ideas, and writing code that can be understood by others. You will be required to implement software at a high level of quality and take responsibility for the product and your contributions to it. You will be responsible from investigating, reproducing and resolving defects. You will be expected to work to and feed into development standards & best practices. Experience with collaboration tools and general programming tools is desirable. You should also have the ability to understand technical and advanced research material and transfer new ideas into code.
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference
- Competitive salary
- An employee share option scheme
- A pension scheme
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses, conferences and book budget
- Flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm.
- Our interview process consists of an intelligence test, interview and an on-site visit. We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with the successful candidates.
- Experience with VueJS or similar frameworks (React, AngularJS)
- Experience with Django and Django template engine
- Experience in developing front-end solutions on top of high-performance and distributed backend systems.
- Interest in improving existing UI/UX, creating a consistent design and responsive user experiences across multiple devices.
- Development experience in at least one scripting language – preferably Python
- Understanding of the full stack is preferable (REST backends and SPA frontends)
- Interest in machine learning/big data (prior experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (version control, tooling, testing, etc.)
- Smart, capable and can write clean code effectively
- Attention to details
- Ideally, you should be able to work in London or be able to commute. Candidates outside of London who are interested in relocating will be considered.
Please send your CV and application letter to join@causaLens.com.