The most dynamic start-up in the events industry needs a digital marketing assistant to work on our disruptive venue-finding platform. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, come and fulfil your potential in an organisation with a standout culture based in Holborn’s coolest building.
More about the role
Working with our Marketing Manager, you’ll be a vital member of our fast-growing team. You’ll be working across all forms of digital marketing, from creating high value content, pulling together key-word reports and sharing newsletters. You’ll be responsible for interacting and engaging with our clients through our social media channels and helping to form the voice of the company online.
Alongside your core marketing role, you’ll also be pulling together reports, collating data from our users and monitoring our SEO efforts. You’ll feel as comfortable writing a fun listicle as you will be researching keywords, and you’ll be building an understanding of what our venues want to see on our site.
Our digital marketing efforts are critical to the success of the platform, and we see the role developing to encompass user experience, user interaction and marketing automation. You’ll be working with a supportive and highly collaborative team on an exciting product, so the sky is the limit and we’re excited to see what you’ll bring to the role.
What you will be doing over the next 12 months
- We’ll help you quickly become familiar with the Canvas venue portfolio and grasp a thorough knowledge of the exciting London venue market
- You’ll be responsible for keeping our social media up to date and looking fresh, and for engaging with our clients and users across our social channels
- Researching industry trends, PPC opportunities and competitor analysis
- Writing and sub-editing high quality listicles featuring our venues
- Researching keywords and optimising our content for SEO and user experience, and monitoring our rankings
- Building positive relationships with our venues, monitoring the marketing inbox and upselling marketing packages to happy customers
- Updating the marketing calendar and uploading content to automated systems
- Creating weekly and monthly reports on our successful and not-so-successful marketing ideas
- Importing contacts for our monthly newsletters and maintaining our GDPR record
- Building reciprocal links with our venues, suppliers and other businesses in the events industry
More about you
- You’re a super positive person with a can-do & will-do attitude and a great sense of humour
- You’re fascinated by data and analytics, and how we can use data to inform our future marketing efforts and business strategy
- You’re interested in user experience and are motivated to help create a great product for our venues and site users
- You enjoy using social media and keeping up to date with news, trends and viral content
- You love working in a team, but you’re also motivated enough to work well on your own
- You work methodically and with a systemised approach – and you love a good spreadsheet
- You’re able to look objectively at your work, and happy to figure out how you might improve and evolve what you’re doing
- You’re excited by and engaged in the event scene in London
- You want to be in a learning environment and are ready to kickstart your career in a creative space
- 1-2 years’ full-time employment in a relatable role, or you have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant topic
- You have experience working with Google Analytics, WordPress, PPC ads and social media channels
- You have a high standard of written English and are a stickler for good grammar
- You can demonstrate you’re a master at time management and you’re well organised
- You’re experienced at working super collaboratively
- You’re very comfortable with Excel/Google Sheets and/or a CRM
- You can demonstrate excellent listening abilities, and have all-round amazing communication skills
Nice to have:
- You have experience working with Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, MOZ and SEM Rush
- You can demonstrate skills in design, and are able to use Photoshop and Canva
- You have an interest in UX/UI implementation for websites
- You have experience using automated marketing systems
- You’re comfortable developing relationships with clients, both on the phone and face to face
For busy event planners who don’t have time to call every venue in London, Canvas is a marketplace with handpicked venues to suit every event. Canvas is totally free for event planners to use, so our users get the best deal a venue can offer – always.
Unlike an event agency, we don’t charge commission and there are no hidden fees. Our venues pay an annual membership fee for their listing on the site and they handle most event enquiries directly. We’ve got hundreds of exciting and unique spaces, from spacious converted warehouses and majestic stately homes, to old industrial pumping stations, and beautiful little Soho cafes.
Canvas is a dynamic start-up and no day here is ever the same. In almost 5 years we have created a loved brand in the events industry, and our platform brings millions of pounds worth of enquires each month to our venues. 500 of London’s most prestigious and venues are proud to be Canvas Members, and we’ve set our sights on every venue in the city and beyond.
Part of ‘The Collective Group’
Canvas was incubated by the Collective Group, London’s leading film and photography location agency. We all operate under one collaborative and creative roof in our bright, open-plan office in Holborn. Being at the centre of the filming and events world, we also get invited to tons of freebie events, secret gigs, private screenings, product launches and venue showcases.
All team members within ‘The Collective Group’ are bonded together by the ‘Collective Culture’. It’s our core values that unite us in how we approach work and enable us to fulfil our career potential.
We put a lot of emphasis on team unity, collaboration and personal development within the whole group. We have a strong bond in the office and enjoy working, learning from and socialising together as much as possible. We regularly find opportunities to celebrate our successes together and have an internal ‘Culture Club’ gang who create surprises and fun times for the whole team to enjoy.
We value professional development. You will embark upon a programme of training and self-development via an external business coach. This is a unique direct line to improve the skills and experience of all our staff. It is critical we all keep learning and training to keep work fresh, fun and engaging.
- Access to an external business coach once a month
- Pension scheme
- Work in one of London’s coolest film locations
- VIP invites to some of London’s newest restaurants, film previews and venue showcases
- Part of a creative, collaborative, hardworking and passionate team
- An open and friendly culture
- ‘Culture Club’ with quarterly trips abroad, dinners, events and surprise treats
- A well facilitated office, with Friday breakfasts, drinks, shared lunch-a-thons (hello Fun Lunch Fridays!)
- 31 days holiday (incl. bank holidays)
- Be inspired by the amazing films and events we make happen in our building and across London
If you are interested in applying, you will need to include the words “polar bear” in your cover letter so we know you made it all the way through the job description!
Please forward your cv and covering letter, stating:
- Why would you be a good fit for this role?
- How is your experience relevant?
- Which of your skill areas you are most looking forward to developing?
Good luck, and we look forward to meeting you soon!
Deadline: 6th April
Equal Opportunity Statement
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be – so if you have any access requirements for your interview, please let us know in your cover letter and we will work with you to ensure we can accommodate your needs. Please rest assured that informing us of any access requirements or assistance you may need will have no impact on our decision-making process for the role.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://canvas-events.workable.com/j/023CBAEA5F →