BuzzHire is an on-demand staffing platform that provides temporary jobs to freelancers, and staff to businesses in an innovative way. We developed apps and websites to facilitate matchings, and already completed hundred of thousands of bookings since our launch in 2015. We are now launching new exciting products based on our unique experience in the London gig economy.
We are 3 years old and well established in the market, and still growing a lot and so offer a uniquely challenging and exciting environment. Our team is still small, but already with 10 different nationalities and many skill sets : candidates will have the opportunity to gain transferable skills across many different areas. Our office is based in one of the top start-up accelerators in London, in the heart of Shoreditch, providing events, perks, and an exciting environment to work in.
We are well funded, growing fast, and hitting a multi-billion dollar market. There is huge VC interest in this space given the size of the opportunity. We provide competitive salary and equity. Join us to disrupt the on-demand economy!
We are looking for smart engineers to help us build the best on demand staffing platform. We intent create the most easy to use products to allow our freelancers and business customers to use our apps daily without hassle.
Problems we’re working on include :
- Provide the best user experience for our users so they use our platform more, with a consistent UI and a beautiful design ;
- Rationalise our architecture to a pure webapp / API model using MV* front end framework;
- Find the best way to deliver new features while minimizing the user friction and keeping interfaces simple ;
- Releases which impact all our client apps at the same time ;
- Find the proper tools or technologies to build a solid stack that is efficient and will last ;
- Redesign all our website and apps, and improve our brand ;
- Shape a product which is used by many different profiles (businesses, freelancers) but also by our team internally, and consider feedbacks ;
- Work on a huge roadmap and anything you have in mind that could help the business grow.
We’re looking for someone passionate about web user interfaces, preferably with either a design background or a broad stack of software development skills.
We need engineers comfortable with modern web technologies (JS/HTML/CSS latest standards), possibly with significant experience with at least one front-end framework (Angular, React, Backbone, Ember).
Our primary product is our REST API consumed by our mobile applications, but we also provide a web based version with templates engines, so you should be comfortable with these architectures.
Basic experience with Python/Django is also plus, or any similar web framework. Bonus points for SEO tricks.