BuzzHire is an on-demand staffing platform that provides temporary jobs to freelancers, and staff to businesses in an innovative way. We developed apps and websites to facilitate matchings, and already completed hundred of thousands of bookings since our launch in 2015. We are now launching new exciting products based on our unique experience in the London gig economy.
We are 3 years old and well established in the market, and still growing a lot and so offer a uniquely challenging and exciting environment. Our team is still small, but already with 10 different nationalities and many skill sets : candidates will have the opportunity to gain transferable skills across many different areas. Our office is based in one of the top start-up accelerators in London, in the heart of Shoreditch, providing events, perks, and an exciting environment to work in.
We are well funded, growing fast, and hitting a multi-billion dollar market. There is huge VC interest in this space given the size of the opportunity. We provide competitive salary and equity. Join us to disrupt the on-demand economy!
We are looking for smart engineers to help us build the best on demand staffing platform. We intent to add more and more intelligence to our system to solve the supply/offer problems of the on-demand economy.
Problems we’re working on include :
- Build the smartest matching engine to fill as many jobs as possible and to find the right person for the right client at the right fares ;
- Transform our platform to white-label it, and make it invaluable for external users using our own tools and experiences ;
- Provide the best user experience for our users so they use our platform more ;
- Deal with complex payment schemes (debit, credits, bills, vouchers, bonuses) ;
- Find the proper tools or technologies to build a solid stack that is efficient and will last ;
- Automatise our operation processes as much as possible so we can scale ;
- Work on a huge roadmap and anything you have in mind that could help the business grow.
We use a lot of Python, plus several libraries including Django & Django Rest frameworks, so experience with these technologies is a must have.
Our primary product is our REST API consumed by our mobile applications, but we also provide a web based version, so you should be comfortable with these architectures. Our front-end is in React, so an experience with this stack is a big plus.
We use modern web technologies, deployed on Amazon Web Services, and are constantly improving our IT processes (testing, reporting, performance, scaling, CI, automation).
We’re still pretty small and growing, so we appreciate people who have many skills and enjoy pitching in other areas from time to time.