We will only accept applications from candidates who apply via TalentPool; just follow the link below!
We are looking for a Business Development Representative with a keen interest in innovation to join our team. Immerse yourself in cutting-edge UK technology, helping big ideas become the next big thing! Are you seeking a thriving team with ambitious goals? Are you yearning to develop at top speed? Do you see yourself at the heart of British Innovation, mingling with the country’s latest and greatest founders? If so, read on!
We work with many of the UK’s most innovative companies, helping them to maximise their government funding opportunities. We’re investing heavily in our R&D Tax Credits team to accommodate our growth, and we’re looking for sharp, technically-minded salespeople to boost our bottom line. That’s where you come in.
As a Business Development Representative, you’ll be expected to gain a deep understanding of our services, and build a pipeline of high-growth startups and scale-ups that may qualify for government funding. You’ll play a pivotal role in creating new business opportunities, nurturing leads and exceeding sales targets set by the Client Acquisition team. In cultivating new business, you’ll be engaging with the top decision-makers from cutting-edge businesses such as Curve, Kano, DueDil, Memrise, and other pioneering forces in the software, engineering and various technological sectors.
- Has at least 2 years of experience in business development
- Keen interest in innovation, with a bonus of having an existing network/background in the space
- A BSc in Engineering/Manufacturing OR knowledge acquired professionally or through personal interest
- Happy to work on a fair base salary with zero commission
- Comfortable building a rapport with senior executives
- Someone with brilliant communications skills
- Proven pipeline management skills
- Self-starter, who will stay motivated while working remotely
- Available for a full-time role
- Experience executing sales remotely from before the March lockdown
The role includes:
- Nurturing leads from sales campaigns through to contract signing
- Seeking out appropriate decision-makers at target organisations
- Bolstering lead generation with own research and fulfilment
- Fostering relationships with potential and existing clients
- Analysing and interrogating company financials and development projects
- Understanding prospects pain points and responding effectively with a plan of action
- Working strategically; carrying out planning to implement operational changes
- Negotiating contracts and pricing with clients
- Helping to plan sales campaigns with the marketing team
- Monitoring sales and performance forecasts throughout the year
We believe that people should be rewarded fairly for the work they do and that there should be no secrecy over salaries. For this role, your salary is likely to lie between £35k – £40k depending on experience. Aside from money, we offer a place where you can be yourself and engage in empowered, purposeful work. We want you to develop your skills and fulfil your potential. We have a flexible approach to working and there is no pressure for you to be in the office, wherever you feel your work is most effective is fine by us. Our team has temporarily gone fully remote since the emergence of COVID-19. Though, our Old Street office remains open for your use outside of national and regional lockdowns. Below are some other benefits:
- Up to 6 weeks of holiday per year
- Flexible working policy
- L&D training budget
- Pension scheme via The People’s Pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly “lunch force” allowance
- Monthly company picnics
- Regular wellness and fun days
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. We also encourage talented ‘square pegs’. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply!