We will only accept applications from candidates who apply via TalentPool; just follow the link below!
A Fast-moving social media start-up specialising in paid content delivery is looking for a Backend/Full Stack developer. We have just closed a funding round and are looking for one or two select individuals to complete our technical team.
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for the building and maintenance of our back end codebase. The backend is built on a Node.JS/Python/Django/PostgreSQL stack, hosted on AWS and heavily leveraging AWS infrastructure (S3, MediaConvert in particular). We are looking for an individual who is very comfortable with Node.JS and Django framework as we leverage the framework and its ORM/query capabilities to the max.
This is an early-stage start-up so you must be prepared to work hard (and play hard), put in the hours, and most of all be passionate about working in a greenfield project where you can leave your mark.
- Django 3
- PostgreSQL or another relational database
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Good Understanding of TDD
- Commitment to Clean Code principles
- Understanding of CI tools and flows, esp Git flow
- A degree in a numerate subject (Computer Science/Physics/Math)
- AWS expertise (esp S3 + MediaConvert)
- Front-end technologies (esp ReactJS + nodeJS + npm + WebPack)
- OAUTH2 flows and social media authentication
- Any DRM experience
- A competitive salary
- In this role you will gain exposure across the tech stack and there are plenty of opportunities to make your mark on the codebase as it matures
- Appropriate training will be provided – but you must be able to hit the ground running with the technologies you know well
- For the right individual, this job provides ample opportunities for career growth, being part of an early stage (yet well funded) start-up, and a young, extremely driven team looking to achieve great things under very ambitious timelines