We’re looking for an accomplished engineer with a talent for designing and developing backend services, API integrations and SQL databases. The ideal candidate would be a solution-focused individual with a natural ability to influence and inspire.
Our software is built with developer friendliness and productivity in mind. So expect docker-compose up to get everything up and running. We like products to be beautiful inside and out. We create clean, consistent react and node architectures for web apps and API services.
- Designing and developing our back-end software
- Chipping in with different disciplines and helping the wider team
- Creating well defined and simple module/app interfaces
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a developer or knowledge of database architecture
- Good experience with SOA, JS (node 10+, ES6+), testing, docker, HTML5 and accessible UX
- Proficient in React (or at least the declarative pattern it embodies), Flat service-oriented architectures (REST, JWT), Postgres, VCS, CI, CD.
As one of a small team of engineers, you are a super important hire who we’ll help grow to lead some of our products. We hope the team, vision and product will be enough to convince you of the opportunity but please tell us what makes you tick and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
With startups, people can become absorbed by the challenge of the work and good people who have learned new skills can be neglected. We’ll regularly review the package to ensure great team players are well rewarded and feel valued.
Now, we can’t promise the shiny offices of big companies yet, in fact, we’re currently in a basement in Victoria. But with the pace of change, we guarantee that in a year you’ll look back fondly as part of a team you’re proud of. We plan to have a product team of 10-20 and shiny offices too but this time you’ll have had a hand in choosing it!
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Doctor consultations
- Dynamic and fast-paced startup environment
- Flexible working options
- Opportunities to grow and learn professionally
- Team away days