We are committed to ensuring our apprentices and their employers are supported throughout their apprenticeship. To achieve this we are looking for technical coaches to support our software development apprentices with the technical components of their apprenticeship programme.
Within the role, technical coaches will maintain regular contact with apprentices & their employers providing continuous guidance throughout the apprenticeship, ensuring the students stay on track and are ready for their End Point Assessment. They will also also be onsite at Ada college to support students during technical modules.
Coaches will be expected to work with allocated apprentices in building their technical competency & ability alongside their employer.
- Assessing and supporting apprentices through their apprenticeship programme
- Work with students to create and monitor their individual learning plans
- Provide personal and professional support to apprentices and employers
- Ensuring monthly performance updates on learner are provided to Ada
- Providing feedback on work-based learning evidence
- Management & tracking of progression of all key programme elements
- Supporting students during technical teaching weeks
- Advising students on their work based project (Level 5) and Synoptic Project (Level 6)
- You will have experience in either Software Development or Software Engineering
- You’ll ideally have experience monitoring and reporting on individuals progress or in coaching learners/apprentices in their career development
- You have excellent communications skills and are able to work effectively with people at all levels
- You are able to use systems, including e-portfolio tracking system, to record and track outcomes
- You have a professional working ethos to effectively build business relationships with employers
- You have an interest in technology and the digital industry
- You are organised and have strong time management skills
- You are adaptable and patient, able to manage many priorities at once and resolve concerns with empathy and compassion
Variation to this Job Description This is a description of the job as it is at present, and is current at date of issue. The job description will be reviewed and updated as necessary to ensure that appropriate revisions are incorporated, and that it relates to the job to be performed.
- The successful candidate will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check when appointed to the post
- References for shortlisted candidates will be requested prior to the interview day
- Further information about the DBS be found at www.gov.uk
All appointments are subject to satisfactory references.