We will only accept applications from candidates who apply via TalentPool; just follow the link below!
We are looking for motivated apprentices to join our team of software developers.
As an apprentice at Softwire, you’ll get a thorough introduction to commercial software development on one of the best training programmes in the business. We offer a fantastic package with a salary of £24,000, plus bonus and other benefits.
Our two-year apprenticeship starts with three months of full-time training, leading into commercial software development work on Softwire’s customer project teams. You will get to work on a variety of projects, with a range of technologies, and we provide ongoing training and support every step of the way. Apprentices graduate with a Level-4 BCS-accredited Diploma in Software Engineering, and an internationally recognised coding qualification.
The people we are looking for
- A passion for solving real-world challenges: First and foremost, you’ll get a buzz from building things that make a difference to businesses, people and society. We also want to see a passion for coding – any experience you have is a bonus
- An articulate people-person: You’ll be interacting with a wide variety of individuals: some deeply techy, some from complex business domains, and others with low digital literacy. You’ll need to become comfortable understanding their needs and discussing potentially complicated technical ideas with all of them
- A positive, can-do team player: You love pushing the team to greater heights by helping colleagues out wherever you can. You always look to improve yourself and others. Your default answer to a question is ‘yes’, and you make big problems seem small
Application process and start dates
We know how much effort you put into your application, so we always aim to get back to you within two working days at each stage. And if you get to the interviews, you can choose your own timeslots, using our online booking system. Given the current situation, we’ll be running this year’s recruitment process entirely remotely.
- Online aptitude & coding tests (2-3 hours): Complete a series of exercises to demonstrate your capabilities
- Non-technical phone interview: This non-technical interview helps us get to know each other and understand what inspires you
- Technical second interview (2-3 hours): We then spend some time on a deep dive, to get a feel for the way you solve business and technology challenges
- Job offer
Apprenticeships start in October 2021. We allocate them to successful applicants on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend applying now to secure your place.
Please note that this role is available only to those without a university degree, or those with a non-STEM degree. STEM undergraduates and graduates should instead apply for one of our graduate developer roles.
The benefits package
- Starting salary of £24,000 plus annual bonus
- 20-25 days annual holiday with the option to buy or sell, plus charity days
- Consistently one of the best places to work in the UK*
- Dedicated budget for staff activities and entertainment
- Great offices, plus free on-site gym and subsidised restaurant
- A workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion
* We’ve been in the Sunday Times Best Small Companies To Work For list 10 years in a row.