We are looking for a bright, conscientious Account Manager to expand our service delivery team in our consultancy company and build enduring relationships with the UK’s most ambitious founders.
Do you thrive on building strong, long-term relationships? Do you crave the responsibility to make a difference to an exciting client book? Do you love being deep in the action, negotiating high-value contracts and managing make-or-break meetings? If this sounds like you, read on!
As an Account Manager, you’ll be working with some of our most important and interesting clients, helping them make the most of our services. You’ll be expected to gain a deep understanding of the R&D Tax Credits scheme, as well as the particulars of our offering. As part of our rapidly growing team, we’ll look to you to help define and enhance our processes, and then execute them across our client base. Lastly, you’ll be tasked with finding new business opportunities within your client book, either through referrals or by expanding existing accounts.
On a typical day you might:
- Facilitate meetings to ensure the client and delivery team get the information they need
- Spend time catching up with your clients to make sure they feel cared for
- Seek new business opportunities through client referrals to bolster our database
- Propose a change to our delivery process to enhance our service
- Scan team communications, see one of your client’s names pop up, and get involved
- Work with the delivery team to collate the client info needed to complete a project
- Facilitate debriefs with the delivery team to ensure expectations are clear in order to get a project over the line
- Advocate for and see through a change in our delivery process that was raised in your conversations
- Track success metrics and build them into your weekly report to the account management team
- Experience in tracking client retention for new or referred clients; preferably in the financial services and/or tech sectors
- Comfortable making 20+ calls a day
- Negotiation and contract management skills
- Experience in CRM management and hygiene
- Ability to self-motivate in a mostly-remote team
- Availability for a full time position
- Familiarity with metrics like NPS and DSS dashboards (Desirable)
- 2 years commercial experience (Desirable)
- Project management experience acquired in education such as a Prince 2 and/or through a General Assembly Course (Desirable)
- Salary of £28K – £32K depending on experience
- Up to 6 weeks of holiday per year
- Flexible working policy
- L&D training budget
- Pension scheme via The People’s Pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly “lunch force” allowance
- Monthly company picnics
- Regular wellness and fun days
We believe that people should be rewarded fairly for the work they do. There is no secrecy over salaries and the way we work them out. For this role, the salary is likely to lie between £28k-32K depending on experience. Our people do not work on a commission basis, and this role is no exception. We focus instead on offering empowered, purposeful work and an attractive overall package. If commissions are important to you in staying motivated, this is not the role for you.
Aside from money, we offer a place where you can be yourself and engage in empowered, purposeful work. We want you to develop your skills and fulfil your potential. We have a flexible approach to working and there is no pressure for you to be in the office, wherever you feel your work is most effective is fine by us. Our team has temporarily gone fully remote since the emergence of COVID-19. Though our Old Street office remains open for your use outside of national and regional lockdowns.
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. We also encourage talented ‘square pegs’. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply!