How to Find an Internship with a Startup
- Scroll down to browse the open positions on our site.
- Reach out to startups you are interested in even if they aren’t advertising.
Startup Intern Salaries
Startups are notoriously bad at offering unpaid internships. This is fuelled by the the fact finances are often tight and the halo effect of “being a cool startup” means that interns will often accept working long hours for free. If you’re not a volunteer, you should expect at least minimum wage and can read more about your rights as an intern on the the gov.uk website.
Regardless of your agreed salary it is normal to expect much of the benefit you gain to come through the experience gained rather than financial reward.
Before Accepting a Startup Internship
- Consider what you want to learn and take away from the experience, can this company provide you with that.
- Define your salary and expenses.
- Define a time period you’ll work for. Three months is a good period of time to remain an intern before moving on or getting a full time job with the company you have been working at.
Gig FM Content Ambassador & Moderator (Lifeguard)Gig FM Gig FM is the world's first Music Livestreaming appLondon
Recruitment internship with rapidly growing startupHireHand Pop-up Staff for Pop-up BusinessesShoreditch, London
Marketing CRM InternBeauhurstLondon
InternshipLITTLE BUD Flowers that don't cost the earthLondon
Graphic Design InternViewRanger Route guides, offline maps and navigation anywhere in the worldCambridge
The Dream InternshipClikd Limited Clikd - Not scared to do things differentlyLondon